From: Pat Walsh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 10:09 AM
To: Vchkpw
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Adding users

Joe Oaks wrote:
> This has been covered, check the archives more :)
>
> 1) how are your current accounts held,
>    /etc/password
>    mysql db

Current accounts are in post.office on an NT machine. Software.com sold
out a couple of years ago and the new company dropped post.office. Every

day that goes by makes me more anxious.

I've spent time looking at the passwords in post.office (and archives
and google and ...) and haven't found any way to convert. My current
plan is using a sniffer and putting usernames and passwords into a file,

and then ramming them through vaddsuser.

> 2) there is vconvert command that will convert to a usuable format
>    for vpopmail.

I looked at this long enough to determine it wouldn't work with
post.office passwords.

> 3) the archives have an example script you can do if your user names
>    and passwords are in a text file. Search for post from me, as I
>    asked this same question.

I'll look for the post. Thanks for the response.

Pat