Once LDAP authentication is setup, you'll know what 'fields' are being
used.  Ie.  LDAP fullename = users Real Name.  LDAP cn=email address or
login name.

Then configure your Addressbook of choice to read those fields.  My
personal experience is with LDAP on NDS, so I've had to grant rights to
those properties within NDS for an LDAP guest login to view those
properties, but I don't know if that applies to OpenLDAP.

Just get the box setup to auth to LDAP, that should take more work than
merely reading cn,fullname from the directory.

Rick