-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 December 2002 07:15
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [vchkpw] qmail/vpopmail cannot auth pop3 clients. No
logging.

Matt Darcy wrote:

>  #!/bin/sh
>     exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 5000000 \
>         /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
\
>             alesi.projecthugo.co.uk /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1
>
> I can't see anything wrong with the startup script.......

Well Matt from looking at this and the fact that I also run Redhat 7.3 I see
one thing wrong. Your default /etc/services file has your pop-3 as pop3.
There
are several ways to fix this, 1) either modify the /etc/services [bad idea],
2) Modify your run script to say pop3 [good choice], or 3) modify your run
script to say 110 instead of pop-3 [best choice, unless you use a different
port number]. Hope that helps some.

Joe

This the question I have just asked.....I have modified the script again as
suggested to reference pop3 instead of pop-3.

I still cannot get the qmail-pop3d daemon to stay up longer than 1 second.

I need to know if 1 second is whats expected as I would not expect the pop3
daemon to stay up all the time just spawn when called. I could be wrong
though.

Thanks,

Matt.