How about this for an Idea. Since I believe that we all agree in the
power of Qmail and its superiority over the other systems. I think that
we leave that portion of Qmail and Vpopmail alone.

As a suggestion I think that Jesse did bring up some valid points when
it comes to the administration of Vpopmail.  I believe that some middle
ground exists on this issue.  Vpopmail could benefit from a more
flexible set of webbased tools.

As a user of Qmailadmin I like the unified design and the security of
not having to run my web server as the vpopmail user(It lacks the ease
of integration into perl/php based web email frontends). On the other
hand the vpopmail.pm file gives me some of the flexibility that I want
when it comes to integration with a web based mail frontend but has the
security issues to contend with.  I have looked at the php vpopmail
extensions and while they have great flexibility you are forced to give
on security. Having a flexible/secure web based control tool would allow
you to have the speed/security of Qmail, the power/expandablity of
Vpopmail.

I submit that having an admin daemon running on your Vpopmail server
would solve this. You could submit calls from the webased interface of
your choice giving you the flexibility of integrating Vpopmail
seamlessly into your web systems.

I agree that some of this functionallity exists with the Mysql
integration of Vpopmail

1) the ability to change users passwords
2) Alias/Forward support with valias (This precludes the use of
qmailadmin for any alias/forward creation) as the .qmail file takes
precedence )
3) creation of new users (you either send them a welcome email or wait
for the first message to arrive for that user to create the dir
structure)

This is just my 2cents worth of input on the topic....

Thanks

--
Ron Culler