I did'nt. You might be better off with smtp authentication if you have a large number of domains/users.

Best,

Ian Forsyth wrote:

Hi,

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 07:14 AM, JB wrote:

You have build courier with DHAVE_OPEN_SMTP_RELAY

Type: export CFLAGS="-DHAVE_OPEN_SMTP_RELAY" before ./configure

So if I follow the about enviromental varaible export, do I need to edit the authlib/config.h or authlib/preauthvchkpw.c file?

Ian

I am sure I have missed something. I am using vpopmail 5.3.16 and courier-imap 1.7.1. I am using courier for pop and imap services. I am able to login via imap and pop no problem. After doing so the file size nor modification time on the smtp file in the vpopmail etc directory change. I check vuserinfo and I have 'all services enabled' for the user. I configured vpopmail --enable-roaming-users=y and enable-clear-passwd=n and --tcp.smtp file in /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp

These are my permissions for /home/vpopmail/etc

-rw-r--r--    1 vpopmail vchkpw          0 Mar 29 03:40 open-smtp
-rw-r--r--    1 vpopmail vchkpw         26 Mar 28 23:39 tcp.smtp
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2090 Mar 29 03:40 tcp.smtp.cdb

I created these files. I am not sure if the permissions are correct.

Before configuring courier I set chmod -R 755 ~vpopmail/lib

After configuring courier without authdaemon, etc.. I edited courier-src/authlib/config.h to edit this in
#define HAVE_OPEN_SMTP_RELAY 1

I did the make and install..

I am using this style of courier install
http://jonaspasche.de/courier-imap-daemontools.txt

this is my /service/qmail-smtpd/run

#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
LOCAL=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`
if [ -z "$QMAILDUID" -o -z "$NOFILESGID" -o -z "$MAXSMTPD" -o -z "$LOCAL" ]; then
echo QMAILDUID, NOFILESGID, MAXSMTPD, or LOCAL is unset in
echo /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
exit 1
fi
if [ ! -f /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts ]; then
echo "No /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts!"
echo "Refusing to start SMTP listener because it'll create an open relay"
exit 1
fi
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 3000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l "$LOCAL" -x /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
-u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1

After connecting via pop, and listing mesages, the tcp.smtp related files are unaltered, when I try to send via smtp I get a host not in rcpthost.. The courier log shows succesfull login. I configure vpopmail with the default logging, I don't see anything related to vchkpw or vpopmail in the logs.

Kind regards,
Ian