Joe,

Have you considered writing this out to SQL for SA?

I'm not sure of the SA table format off the top of my head, but some people
have given up on running SA locally out of .qmail files and run it "for
every domain" and sometimes on a machine well before the system mail is
eventually delivered too.

Of course, I've given up on enabling/disabling it for individual users and
just turn it on (with everything hidden in the headers so it isn't obvious
it's even on) for entire domains.

You may find more flexibility if you change options in the mysql backend for
SA instead of poking changes into .qmail files.   Just my personal opinion.

-jeff