On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 03:29 AM, Jasper Metselaar wrote:
How should I setup the domain so that my server becomes a fallback and
that it delivers the e-mail to the primary mailserver when it is available
again (in case the primary mailserver is off-line)?
Thanks for any suggestions!

vdeldomain domain-owner.com echo "domain-owner.com" >> /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

The first line removes the domain from your server. The second line says that you'll accept the mail. Since it's not in virtualdomains, qmail will relay it instead of keeping it. Make sure that's a double angle-bracket (>>) in the last line so it appends the domain to rcpthosts and doesn't replace rcpthosts with that line.

If DNS is set up correctly, your server will accept mail for "domain-owner.com" and try to send it on to the real server.

As mentioned by others, if DNS is wrong you can add an entry to smtproutes to route the mail to the correct server.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]