Hi all!

I am implementing smtp authentication. I've alredy applied the patch on
qmail, and configured my supervise with the following:

#!/bin/sh

QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
QMAILQUEUE=`cat /var/qmail/control/defaultqmailqueue`
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 10000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 -x /var/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
-c "$MAXSMTPD" \
-u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd my.domain /var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw  /bin/true
2>&1

As you can see, the qmailduid and nofilesgid are both set to vpopmail
uid and gid. That is what allows me to authenticate users using vchkpw.
But at the same time, my qmail-smtpd run as vpopmail. That's a problem,
once vpopmail can't write log (qmaill:nofiles) neither on the queue
(qmailq:qmail), generating log entries like:

@400000003fcce6c2292c90c4 warning: unable to stat mess/19/19

Does anyone have alredy done something like this? Can you tell me if
there is a way to call vchkpw with the qmaild user?

Regards,

Hélio Rubens Kamogawa
Central Server
http://www.centralserver.com.br