On Jan 20, 2004, at 2:21 PM, Brad wrote:
I have a Debian (Woody) system and it is running shadow passwords. I have
qmail installed and woking just fine. I did a basic install (no config
options) for vpopmail. Everything installed fin but when I change my
/etc/inetd.conf file to this "pop3 stream tcp nowait root
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup qmail-popup email.byesville.net
/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir" (all one line)
I cannot authenticate any users on the system popping mail or loggin gon to
a webbased email system. What am I missing on the install for vpopmail. I
shouldn't have to create a virtual domain for my local system and it should
authenticate properly like before. Please corrrect me if I am wrong. I
have created a virtual domain and two users on that domain and it still
doesn't work.

First, to enable system users, add --enable-passwd to your vpopmail configuration.

To log in to virtual domains, you need to use "USER [EMAIL PROTECTED]" or "USER username%domain.com" in the POP login.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]