On Feb 2, 2004, at 7:47 PM, Rick Widmer wrote:
In trying to understand vpopmail so I can work on QmailAdmin, I've run into some things I don't understand. Could someone comment on why the following functions are almost identical? Which should I use?

vadddomain       vauth_adddomain
vdeldomain       vauth_deleomain
vadduser         vauth_adduser
vdeluser         vauth_deluser
vpassowd         vauth_password
vsetuserquota    vauth_setquota

You should use the functions in the first column. In my opinion, the functions in the second column shouldn't be exposed in libvpopmail, but they probably are. The primary function is responsible for validating and sometimes reformatting data before calling the respective vauth_ function.

Also, I don't see anything mentioned about domain aliases (vaddaliasdomain) in the docs/ for vpopmail. Where do I find info on them?

A domain alias exists as an entry in /var/qmail/users/assign (and therefore, /var/qmail/users/cdb). Most of the time, you will need to refer to the domain by it's "real" name instead of its alias. Calling vget_assign() (if I recall correctly) will automatically change an alias domain into it's real form.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Info on the Sniffter handheld Network Tester: http://sniffter.com/