On Feb 23, 2004, at 2:43 AM, Alexander Bruns wrote:
On the Homepage at sourceforge of vpopmail, there 5.4.0 is stable and 5.4.2 is development.

Which version schould be running on production systems?

Is 5.4.2 only a bugfix-release or really a development-release?

Well, 5.4.1 and 5.4.2 were bugfix releases, but they have not been as thoroughly tested as 5.4.0 was. I had planned to make the "development" releases for a few weeks, and if no one reported new bugs, move them to "stable".

I would recommend that 5.4.0 users keep an eye on the ChangeLog items posted, and upgrade if they see anything that might affect them. The upcoming 5.4.3 includes major changes to the auth modules, and will have to be tested thoroughly before it can be called stable.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Info on the Sniffter handheld Network Tester: http://sniffter.com/