Marcin Soltysiak wrote:
Ken Jones wrote:

I've been thinking about this and I think the daemon is definitly the
way to go. If Rick can't release the code I can write one. I think
the protocol could be like this:

I found the code and although it is not as pretty as I remember it is available for release. It's in php with a tcpserver front end. It currently lacks user authentication though.

From then on we could pass commands like:
For admin accounts:
vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] pass
vdeluser [EMAIL PROTECTED]
vadddomain domain postmaster-pass
vdeldomain domain

Very easy to add modules to the server, just add a case statement.

I already have server code to handle this kind of daemon
in both single threaded and multithreaded modes.

Since it's written in php, and uses tcpserver as the socket connector, it should scale quite well.

How about security? If we got it secures by SSL we coiuld use it on multiple servers from one console. Rick, could you post a URL to the code?

That sounds good. Of course as a C programmer I'd prefer it be
written in C linking in the vpopmail API. I'd like to take a swing
at building it in C over the weekend.  vmailmgr has something
like this already, including a php module to talk to it. Perhaps
we can re-use some of that code.

That woudl be the best way. However, then we'd need a PHP API to use in
web-apps

Solt

why? We could talk to it using normal sockets. I dont see why it would require a special API to talk to a normal deamon on a TCP/IP. Even Unix sockets.

X-Istence