On May 28, 2004, at 2:52 AM, Alex Pleiner wrote:
After all, maybe the vpopmail-team should consider adding a tool like
yours to the official vpopmail dist.

I think this would be a very good idea. That way, it would be possible to code a version for a non-vpopmail system as well, and the patch to qmail could be used my more people (and ultimately reviewed by more people).

It keeps the changes to qmail minimal, and allows for compiling new versions of vpopmail without having to recompile/reinstall qmail.

Perhaps a name like "vvalidaddr" would be more accurate, as you want it to respond positively for all types of accounts. I had discussed this on the dev list a while back, and mentioned that it would be helpful to have multiple exit codes for different conditions:

- temporary failure (try again later)
- account does not exist
- account exists
- account exists but is over quota

Hey! That solves a request recently posted to the list, temporarily bounce email for over-quota users!

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]