Just to add a bit, it certainly looks mysql related.  But one thing that's
really got me stumped is that my db is showing almost as many "update" and
"replace" queries as "select" queries, which seems kind of odd.  I'm not
creating new users, and the mysql logging is disabled.  As far as I can
recall, vpopmail is just doing select's right?

Charles