On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Fernando Costa de Almeida wrote:

>       Hi Jeremy, thanks for your explanation!
>
>       Im using FreeBSD and consequently an UFS Filesystem (with
> DIR_HASH and SoftUpdates enabled). I will delete the emails, but I
> posted this question just to make sure that my problem was caused by the
> high number of files in the user's Maildir. The next step is to avoid
> that an user have so many emails in his Maildir, perhaps enabling quota
> for all users...

Another question...  Is there a quota on this account?  I've caught some
maildrop and vdelivermail processes chewing up a ton of cpu just trying to
recalculate the quota.  Very similar situation; catchalls are evil and
outdated.  Since the user had an incredibly huge quota anyway, I set them
to "NOQUOTA" with vmoduser and everything calmed down.

Thanks,

Charles