On Jul 21, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
On Wednesday 21 July 2004 01:02 pm, Joshua Leong wrote:

I am using vpopmail-4.9.10, is there any method to change the encrypted
password to clear text password?

no, it's a one way hash. man crypt

You could upgrade to 5.2.2 or 5.4.x and turn on "clear passwords" and "learn passwords". I'm pretty sure that 5.4.x was updated to authenticate the encrypted password, and store the clear-text version if it was good. Otherwise, you'd have to delete all passwords and rely on the first POP session to set the user's password (with the "learn passwords" feature).

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]