On Jul 22, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Edilmar Alves - Lista wrote:
Tom Collins escreveu:
On Jul 22, 2004, at 5:07 PM, Edilmar Alves - Lista wrote:
I said about /etc/tcp.smtp and control/rcpthosts because when I had to
used non smtp-auth schema, I saved into control/rcpthosts the domains
abled to communicate with internal users. Now, with smtp-auth, the users
can send/receive to/from anyone.

Why not turn off SMTP AUTH?

Because I have users that connect from other internet providers in many cities,
and I don't want to allow open relay or maintain the /etc/tcp.smtp. Sometimes,
there are users using dial-up connections, and to maintain /etc/tcp.smtp is hard.

I guess I don't understand your original email.

It sounded like you were saying: I only want to accept mail for domains in rcpthosts.

If that's the case, turn of relaying entirely. You would only have to worry about external users sending email to other external users (@x.com sends to @y.com).

I can't think of an easy way to tell qmail:

1) Accept mail for local users [but only from a limited list of external domains?].
2) Accept mail for this limited list of external domains if a user authenticates with SMTP AUTH.

Do I understand correctly that that is what you're trying to do?

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]