On Aug 19, 2004, at 10:47 PM, James Whitt wrote:
Second question.  We have a lot of domains that resided on our server
and due to directory limitations, can not have all the domains reside
in ~path/vpopmail/domains.  Is there any good solutions that people
know of?  The only one that we have come up with is to modify the code
to add the domain directories into sublevels (ie
~path/vpopmail/domains/a-e/, ~path/vpopmail/domains/f-n, etc).  After
considering this, I realized that this probably would require a lot of
changes in the code which is possible but we're hoping for a shorter
time frame to get it up and going.

After adding 100 domains, vpopmail will create a directory called "0" in the vpopmail/domains directory and place the next 100 domains in it.

You might be able to get away with just mounting different partitions at those directory points. If 100 is too many, you could change MAX_USERS_PER_LEVEL (defined in vauth.h) to a lower number.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]