On Sep 10, 2004, at 3:49 PM, lists wrote:
Hello everyone. I am using qmail 1.03 and vpopmail 5.2. I have a lot of virtual domains created and I am having quite a problem.
I tried to add a new domain and mismatch a few times the password... for some reason the /var/qmail/users/assign file was emptied. The rcpthosts and morercpthosts are fine though.
How can I retrieve all the accounts and domains information from the
domain/vpasswd file or the domain/vpasswd.cdb file to the
/var/qmail/users/assign file? Is there a script or something I can use for
that?

Just restore it from a backup.

If you don't backup your server (especially /var/qmail/control and /var/qmail/users), then you should start doing so.

It will be difficult to recreate it manually. You could go through all directories in ~vpopmail/domains and at least get those inserted, but I can't think of an easy way to recover alias domains.

If you still have the users/cdb file, you might be able to extract the data from there to recreate the assign file.

Or, take a look at this: