At 16/10/2004 16/10/2004 +0200, you wrote:

I think the problem is, that qmail-smtpd is called by a wrapper program
(stunnel here) and chkuser sends log-messages to stdout when called
directly (logging enabled in this example):

chkuser sends log messages using qmail routines (that should use stderr), but you have to route qmail-smtpd errors to right channels.

My working configuration with stunnel (I had a lot of problems with logging and stunnel, but of different kind) is:

/usr/local/sbin/stunnel -f ..... -- \
qmail-smtpd /vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /usr/bin/true 2>&1 | splogger sslsmtp &

Please note:

        -f forces stunnel to stay in foreground and display error messages normally
        2>&1 | splogger sslsmtp pipes all ERR output to splogger, using sslsmtp as name of the logged service

This should avoid any problem, and you have logging routed to usual log files.

Regards,

Tonino

thanks,
Florian

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      [EMAIL PROTECTED]