On Dec 25, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Blake Swopes wrote:
I'm having trouble getting courier 3.0.8 to work with vpopmail 5.4.8
(using mysql auth). Qmail-pop3d works, but courier imap gives me "login
failed".

You need to compile and install Courier after compiling and installing vpopmail.

If you make a change to your vpopmail configuration (like switching from CDB to MySQL), you'll need to recompile anything that linked to libvpopmail (including Courier).

Since qmail-pop3d calls the vchkpw program, it doesn't need to be recompiled.

On the other hand, if you're using Tonio's chkusr (or chkuser) patch, you'll need to recompile qmail-smtpd when updating vpopmail.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]