On Dec 27, 2004, at 10:01 PM, Bill Wichers wrote:
My server's uplink will get congested when a user send massive email
using my server.

How can I only allow relaying for domain hosted in my server? Like the
domain in the rcpthosts file.

If you turn off roaming users support, vpopmail will, by default, allow
relaying to *only* those users listed in rcpthosts. The whole point of
roaming users (pop-before-smtp, SMTP Auth, etc.), is to allow *authorized*
users to send to domains *not* hosted on the local server.

The original poster is looking for a way to limit roaming users to only using domains in rcpthosts/morercpthosts in the sender address (SMTP MAIL FROM) of messages.

I don't know of any way to accomplish this without patching qmail-smtpd. In my opinion, it just isn't necessary. Forcing roaming users to only send from their local address won't limit the amount of email they send. They can still use any address in the "From" and "Reply-To" headers of their message.

If a user is abusing your system by sending too much mail, switching to SMTP AUTH will allow you to check the Received headers for the account they authenticated with.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]