At 16.42 19/04/2005, you wrote:

> [...]
If I did so, no one can send emails to my local domains.

So now you may understand why this not a bug neither a security hole. It's a standard feature, and cannot be another way.

> or
> - modify auth patch so that only auth relaying is allowed.

I think that is a good solution , but how I can modify it ??????

You must setup a dedicated qmail-smtpd server for these domains, and change code: within smtp_rcpt, before chkuser (if you use it), or after these lines (I use Shupp's patch)
  if (flagbarfbmt) {
    strerr_warn4("qmail-smtpd: badmailto: ",addr.s," at ",remoteip,0);
    err_bmt();
    return;
  }

add code like this:

  if (!relayclient) {
    strerr_warn4("qmail-smtpd: not auth sender: ",addr.s," at ",remoteip,0);
    err_notauth();
    return;
  }

where err_notauth() can be:

void err_notauth() { out("553 sorry, you must authenticate before using this server (#5.7.1)\r\n"); }

It would be much better if this would be a configurable option of auth patch, that would force authentication in the first smtp steps, and not within rcpt dialog (but this is better than nothing).

Tonino

> Tonino

Thanks and Best Regards.

Samir Noshy