On Jun 5, 2006, at 7:37 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
That is what I am running here - 5.4.16. Had the same problem - worked fine for the first 8 hours, then started getting failed auth errors. I minimized the
problem from the MySQL side by changing the interactive_timeout and
wait_timeout values to 99999999, but this obviously doesn't actually fix the problem. If the server is "kicked" for some reason (mysqladmin shutdown then mysqld_safe), then the auth will still fail since the socket is destroyed.

Thanks Ron, I'll get your patch into CVS and the 5.4.17 release and shoot for getting something up on SourceForge this week.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vpopmail - virtual domains for qmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/