On Sep 21, 2006, at 6:03 AM, Shane Chrisp wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 12:58 +0200, Jerkovic Bosko wrote:
Hello,

Im having a problem.
I had one domain domain.com and we have a lot of users there, now we
decided to transfer all users to another domain
domain2.com. How can this be done ? We are using vpopmail + mysql. Any
help ?

I think this will work.

1. Create the new domain using vadddomain
2. Update the mysql vpopmail table changing the domain field from
domain.com to domain2.com
3. Physically mv or rsync the users dir from the domain.com to
domain2.com directory.

I guess the 2nd and 3rd steps would be best done with the smtp/pop/ imap
access being off.

Im sure if im wrong or someone knows a simpler or better way, they will
say so.

Easier to keep everything as-is and add an alias to the original domain. If you want, you can tweak the users/assign file to make the new name look like the "real" domain name, and have the old name as the alias.

I'd avoid actually changing the domain path though. You'll have to update all user entries in vpasswd (or the database backend), user's .qmail files (in case they have a vacation message), autoresponders and mailing lists. All make use of full pathnames (IIRC).

Tom Collins
Tom Logic LLC
PO Box 5717
Napa, CA 94581