[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

What does chkuser log say about passing messages?

As I said in my initial message, I can't find any
chukser logs anywhere. qmail and vpopmail write to
/var/log/mail/info

But that file contains no data for chkuser.

Logging IS enabled, via chkuser_settings.h:
http://sitefoundry.com/misc/chkuser_settings.h

I don't understand why the new qmail-smtpd with chkuser
seems to work fine from the command line but does not
seem to work when called via SMTP.

what user privileges are you running qmail-smtpd with? May it cannot read vpopmail owned files? Did you do your testing as root and not under the same user id set in the run file for qmail-smtpd?

!DSPAM:474adc0832001797016279!