before you copy the domains directory into the new server, i think you should
create the domains & users by using the proper way first. Then you only copy
the domains directory to replace the existing one.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: milisku
  To: vchkpw@inter7.com
  Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:37 PM
  Subject: [vchkpw] vpopmail server to server migration

Dear all,my current vpopmail server is showing some signs of hardware failure
so i'm trying to migrate all of my users account and domains to a new server.
current vpopmail server version is 5.3.6 and vpopmail version in the new server
is 5.4.13here's what i've done :1. dump vpopmail database from current server
to the new server2. recursively copy domains directory from current server to
the new server (vpopmail path of current and new server are the same)3. then
when i tried to do vuserinfo someuser, here's the error :vmysql: sql error[3]:
Table 'vpopmail.users' doesn't exist seems to me that the error occurred
because the vpopmail database structure are different between 5.3.6 and 5.4.13,
am i correct? what should i do to have a smooth migration? i've tried google
but nothing detail comes up so far....:(regards,greg

!DSPAM:474bc26432001250114250!