I'm sorry to ask this here, but Mr Sam isn't always receptive to "mixed"
company...

Can anyone confirm these statements about the requirement/use for the
'maildirfolder' empty file in folders under a Courier IMAP 4.x
implementation?

============
I read this somewhere:
"Within each subdirectory there's an empty file, maildirfolder. Its
existence tells the mail delivery agent that this Maildir is a really a
folder underneath a parent Maildir"
=============

Therefore, to fix a partially failed rsync during a migration, I should
use the following rules:

/Maildir/.Sent|.Drafts|.Trash/maildirfolder
is NOT correct usage

/Maildir/.MyFolder/maildirfolder
is NOT correct usage

/Maildir/.MyFolder.MySubFolder/maildirfolder
IS correct usage.

Is the presence of 'maildirfolder' in subfolders actually MANDATORY for
IMAP to function properly?

Thanks in advance!
D.

!DSPAM:474f23e732002056216681!