Kartsa kirjoitti:
I have been running vdr now for a couple days with

#define PLAYERBUFSIZE  MEGABYTE(64) in dvbplayer.c

and for now it seems like better as in no stuttering. But I am still testing it.

Okey, I've had this setting in action for a week or so now and it is definitely better. There is still sometimes some stuttering but it is so suttle that it is barely noticeable. With MEGABYTE(1) the video occasionally stopped for a second and then stuttered for about 5 seconds and then resumed normal operation (with lesser cpu it could be stuttering to the end of the recording).

Could the chosen file system be causing this? I use LVM creating one partition on two disks and then I create one xfs on that partition. The disks are sata as mentioned earlier.

\\Kartsa