Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Reinhard Nissl
Gesendet: Sonntag, 29. Juli 2007 21:32
An: VDR Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [vdr] dvb-s h264 channels with standard definition

Hi,

Igor wrote:

> there is several h264-channels in dvb-s modulation with standard definition.
> For example, 20 Russian channels on 40E,
> http://www.lyngsat.com/eam1.html
>
> two channels on 16E
> http://www.lyngsat.com/ew2.html
>
> how is it possible to watch it by VDR ?

The next vdr-xine release will support it. You may want to try the attached
patch for VDR-1.5.x, which prepares cRemux for H.264 (most likely one of the
next VDR releases will contain this patch). After that you should be able to
record such channels. Be aware that channels.conf may nolonger be compatible
with non patched VDR versions.

The recordings should already be playable with xine-lib-1.1.7:

        xine .../001.vdr#demux:mpeg_pes

Be aware that xine-lib's H.264 support is based on ffmpeg and there are known
issues with interlaced material. So it is likely that xine will crash.

In case you are able to create a recording, would you please be so kind and
provide me a sample for testing.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl