On 22.01.2015 15:51, Adam Juraszek wrote:
Hello,

I have a few months old system with vdr 2.0.6. VDR is used only as a
backend for xbmc (via xvdr plugin).

Everything works fine except for a few lags which I tracked to VDR
creating new channels every now and then. When I checked the channels
I noticed there are duplicates (there are 36374 channels and many of
them are there about 500 times). I wouldn't be surprised if vdr would
suffer performance problem with such number of channels.

See the setup.conf (not changed in months), syslog and part of
channels (got by LSTC command) and stats:
https://gist.github.com/juriad/2b635ef475a6ddf829ab

Why VDR creates duplicate channels?
Is there problem with my configuration or is it a bug in vdr?
What other information shall I provide?

Looks like VDR doesn't find an existing channel in its Channels list
when it encounters a new version of the SDT. At the moment I have no
idea how that could happen.

Is this a plain vanilla, unpatched version 2.0.6 of VDR?

Klaus