Am 13.02.2015 um 01:28 schrieb René:

> On 13.02.2015 01:22, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
>> start softhddevice suspended: ./vdr -P'softhddevice -g 1920x1080 -s'
>> resume softhddevice: svdrpsend plug softhddevice RESU suspend again:
>> svdrpsend plug softhddevice SUSP Jörg
> Thanks! I'll try this out. Hopefully a sequence of SUSP and RESU after a
> freeze will wake it up! :-)

 As an alternative you can start softhddevice in detched mode (-D) and use the
commands DETA/ATTA.

 At yavdr we use this feature to start X and vdr in parallel and attach
softhddevice when X is ready.
 And you can restart X when softhddevice is detached.

 Difference: if softhddevice is suspended a keypress can resume it
automatically. And if X isn't ready at this point
you'll get an error (as far as I know).

Lars.