There's also this:

Take a look at the TemplateTool.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/velocity/trunk/contrib/temporary/templatetool/

If you want to use an older Velocity version. :)

On 10/19/06, Javier Velez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I am developing a tool using velocity. In my application the user write
down a template and then it is evaluated within a velocity context. But
somtimes not all variables in template are found in the context. So I
need a mechanism to recognize which variables could not be resolved.

One solution is evaluate once the template and then parse it looking for
string maching with $xxxx or ${xxxx}. My question is: Is there any other
more straitforward mechanism within the velocity API that give me the
list of unsolved variables? Or at least, is there a method in velocity
API that returns the list of referenced variables witin a template?

Thanks in forward.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.