Tim said:
> > ah, yes, releases... some people like those, don't they?  :)
> Indeed. I just like the symmetry of version numbers 1.0/1.0 and 1.1/1.1
> ...heck, maybe we should quickly release Veltools 1.0 and then in quick
> succession do 1.1b-1, 1.1b-2, 1.1-b3.

heh. and monkeys might... eh, nevermind. :)

> > anyway, this sounds reasonable.  maybe we should get a thread
> > going on the dev list about release(s)/features/fixes/roadmap stuff.
> Ha. Sure. (Didn't you try that a few months ago?)

yeah, but i'm a slow learner.  besides, this time i have some power to do
something about those things.

> > i think we do have a working lib for it, right?  i haven't
> > been made aware of any bugs at least.  but i presume you want
> > some sort of tagged/built/maintained/whatever branch, right?
> Oh, I'm using the Veltools 0.whatever_is_in_CVS version right now and it
> works without any major issues for me. :-)

good, but feel free to post notice of minor issues too.

> But an 'official' 1.0 release would prolly make other folks more warm
> and fuzzy toward the code.

it's true.  and it also tends to generate
visibility/publicity/sense-of-value for a project.

Nathan Bubna
[EMAIL PROTECTED]