Hi Jecki,

If you are looking for all the properties that can be configured in
velocity.properties file, you can get that sample velocity.properties
file in you velocity.jar file.

Anyhow here are the contents what I have in my velocity.properties
which came in the jar.
#------------------begin--------------------------
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are the default properties for the
# Velocity Runtime. These values are used when
# Runtime.init() is called, and when Runtime.init(properties)
# fails to find the specificed properties file.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# R U N T I M E  L O G
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  default LogSystem to use: default: AvalonLogSystem
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

runtime.log.logsystem.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.AvalonLogSystem,org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.SimpleLog4JLogSystem

# This is the location of the Velocity Runtime log.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

runtime.log = velocity.log

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This controls if Runtime.error(), info() and warn() messages include the
# whole stack trace. The last property controls whether invalid references
# are logged.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

runtime.log.error.stacktrace = false
runtime.log.warn.stacktrace = false
runtime.log.info.stacktrace = false
runtime.log.invalid.reference = true

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Configuration for the Log4JLogSystem.
# You must define the runtime.log.logsystem.class property to be:
#   org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.Log4JLogSystem
#
# You must also include Log4J's .jar files into your classpath. They are
# included with the Velocity distribution in the build/lib directory.
#
# There are several different options that you can configure.
# Uncomment the ones that you want and also define their settings.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.pattern=%d - %m%n
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.file.size=100000
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.file.backups=1
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.syslogd.host=my.syslog.server.com
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.syslogd.facility=LOG_DAEMON
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.remote.host=my.remote.server.com
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.remote.port=1099
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.email.server=localhost
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.email.subject=Velocity Error Report
#runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.email.buffer.size=512

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# T E M P L A T E  E N C O D I N G
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

input.encoding=ISO-8859-1
output.encoding=ISO-8859-1

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# F O R E A C H  P R O P E R T I E S
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# These properties control how the counter is accessed in the #foreach
# directive. By default the reference $velocityCount will be available
# in the body of the #foreach directive. The default starting value
# for this reference is 1.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

directive.foreach.counter.name = velocityCount
directive.foreach.counter.initial.value = 1

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# I N C L U D E  P R O P E R T I E S
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are the properties that governed the way #include'd content
# is governed.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

directive.include.output.errormsg.start = <!-- include error :
directive.include.output.errormsg.end   =  see error log -->

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# P A R S E  P R O P E R T I E S
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

directive.parse.max.depth = 10

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# T E M P L A T E  L O A D E R S
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

resource.loader = file

file.resource.loader.description = Velocity File Resource Loader
file.resource.loader.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
file.resource.loader.path = .
file.resource.loader.cache = false
file.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 2

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# VELOCIMACRO PROPERTIES
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# global : name of default global library.  It is expected to be in the regular
# template path.  You may remove it (either the file or this property) if
# you wish with no harm.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
velocimacro.library = VM_global_library.vm

velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline = true
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global = false
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.local.scope = false

velocimacro.context.localscope = false

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# INTERPOLATION
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# turn off and on interpolation of references and directives in string
# literals.  ON by default :)
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
runtime.interpolate.string.literals = true

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Allows alternative ResourceManager and ResourceCache implementations
# to be plugged in.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
resource.manager.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl
resource.manager.cache.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# PLUGGABLE INTROSPECTOR
# Allows alternative introspection and all that can of worms brings

runtime.introspector.uberspect =
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl

Please let us know the exact problem, if my interpretation of your
question is wrong.

With Regards,
Ravikanth.L