Hi Ricardo,

You are using the curly braces incorrectly.  A normal velocity reference
looks like this:

$reference

You can optionally wrap the name in braces like this:

${reference}

If you want to use the silent mode place the ! After the $, like this:

$!{referece}

Velocity won't know what to think of:

$c1{name}

Because it parses $c1 at the reference, not {name}

Hope this helps.

Evan