Hi Everyone,

I want to welcome a new committer to the Velocity project - Henning Schmiedehausen.

Henning is one of the most active committers on Velocity's sister project Turbine. Henning's been an active user and proponent of Velocity for as long as I've been part of the community. He has a special interest in improving integration of Velocity into other projects and working on code cleanup issues. Lately he's been maintaining a private mavenized build of Velocity and has started work on transferring some of those enhancements to the core. Besides Turbine and Velocity, Henning is also involved in the Torque, Maven, and Commons communities and is a member of Jakarta's Project Management Committee.

We met in person last year when we were both giving Velocity-related talks at ApacheCon 2004. As a side note, at the same conference Henning won second place in the ApacheCon Derby contest by creating a brand-new application "ApacheFaces" based on Turbine and Apache Derby (in just two days coding between conference sessions).

Look forward to continued new momentum on this project with help from Henning and all the Velocity community!

Best,
Will