I have inherited several eclipse plugins that use velocity to generate
java code.

Some of the plugins use velocity-dep.jar, others use
velocity-dev-1.4.jar  Both of these jars contains velocity.properties
that specifies runtime.log=velocity.log.  This is resulting in the
velocity.log being generated in the eclipse installation folder.

I need to modify this property dynamically at runtime to place the log
in the active project folder.

Can someone point me to docs that explain how I can manipulate these
properties before or during velocity instantiation so I can specify an
alternate path for the log?

Thanks
Michael Giroux