I don't think it's Velocity which requires that permission, I'm
guessing it's the request object which is ultimately provided by
Tomcat...

WILL

On 10/11/06, Robin Mannering <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Will,

Thanks for the links, I'll give them a thorough read.

I've been working with the hosting company who set up the server config and
they have give the application permission to org.apache.catalina.core
although they are troubled to do so.

They seem very surprised that velocity requires this permission.

Since they granted the permission, the problem has cleared up and
$request.contextPath now has a value within a velocity template (although
this has changed from an empty value to '/' so I need to make source
amendments.  Not a problem, just worrying it takes on a new value in a
different hosting environment.

Thanks again for your help
Robin