Thank you all, that's what I'm looking for. Sorry about the confusion but
this is my first time using velocity, but how to do you tell the servlet
to pick up the URL parameter? If I have this parameter in my velocity
template $number, and parse it to URL http://server.jsp?number=something,
will the servlet just recognize this parameter if I assign a variable say
String number = request.getParameter("number")?

Erica Ren
Developer, Technical Operations / Opérations techniques
E-Services Branch / Cyber Services
Canadian Heritage / Patrimoine canadien

Room 26B, 8th Floor, 15 rue Eddy
Gatineau, Québec
K1A 0M5
819.956.2179

Barbara Baughman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12/10/2006 11:38 AM
Please respond to
"Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Velocity Users List <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How to pass values between velocity and servlet

If you're using a hyper link to a servlet, can you add the parameters
with the URL? You can save whatever information you need to pass to
Velocity from the current session as a session attribute.  As long as
the servlet is in the same web application, the session attributes
will be there.  Tomcat also lets you share session attributes among
applications within the same instance of Tomcat.

http://server/app?parameter=something

Barbara Baughman
X2157