sounds good to me.  placement of the borḍn in the
middle would suggest that rasgueo was the intended
method of play and not plectrum - correct?

interesting note about Vasco de Quiroga setting up
luthier work shops for the natives - i wonder if the
instruments were intended for export back to europe?
if any of these instruments get mentioned by name,
please let me know.

i understand that speculation on the origins of the
charango in south america can become heated and get
clouded in national overtones.  bolivia seems to be
its accepted birthplace.  i think it's just an
indigenous word for either of the figure "8" shaped,
plucky little cordophones introduced by the europeans
and i think it - whatever "it" was; vihuela or guitar
- received little, if any modification over the
succeeding years.

this idea, you may have noted, pleases no one.

regards - bill

--- Monica Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>