On Oct 23, 2006, at 6:52 PM, Lex Eisenhardt wrote:

>>> Let me give just two
>> examples
>>> that can cause headaches: p.69 2nd line, bar 2 and, more painful,
>>> 5th
>> line,
>>> bar 3 (last beat). What to do with open courses? I can come up with
>> several
>>> solutions, but essentially it is unclear.

I hope I'm not butting in on a 2 way conversation. At the risk of
saying something foolish among experts, I would just like to say that
for myself, I find it a very natural technique to rest my thumb on
the fifth course when I make a strum with two or three fingers. I
wonder if Corbetta did that. 2nd line bar 2 works perfectly this way,
making a dom7th. 5th line bar 3, it looks like a dot eliminating the
first course which I would guess applies to the last eighth strum
too. Eliminating the 5th course here isn't necessary but I might do
it anyway. This hemiola cadence makes sense to me: D-D(with lower
appogiatura)-A in the 2nd and 3rd bars. I don't get what is painful.