A wonderful and generous New Year gift indeed!

   On Jan 6, 2010, at 3:29 AM, John Griffiths wrote:

   Dear list members,
   For those of you who are interested in the vihuela, I have just
   published a new bilingual internet version of my 2003 book "Taner
   vihuela segun Juan Bermudo". It is a method of learning to play the
   vihuela based on the pedagogical principles elaborated by Bermudo in
   his 1555 Declaracion de instrumentos musicales.
   You can find it at:
   [1]http://www.vihuelagriffiths.com/JohnGriffiths/Vihuela_playing.html
   It comprises a selection of twenty pieces following the order suggested
   by Bermudo. For each piece, I have included the original tablature,
   plus analytical transcriptions for instruments in G (lutes and
   vihuelas) and for instruments in E (especially for modern guitarists).
   The material can be used for individual study or for group learning.
   All the music, tablature and transcriptions, is in downloadable pdf
   format. I hope you will find it useful.
   Good wishes,
   John Griffiths

   Ed Durbrow