It's kind of you to try and pour oil on troubled waters.   But in his
opening paragraph Lex seems to imply that I have taken advantage of the fact
that I am a (ex officio)  committee member of the Lute Society to comment on
his article.   Why else should he mention it?

I was as surprised as he was when I got my copy of Lute and realized my
article had been published without my having seen the proofs.   The
secretary explained to me in an E-mail yesterday why this had happened.   I
was debating whether to contact Lex privately about the matter but he has
forstalled me.

As far as I am concerned this is a private matter not one for discussion on
this list.

Regards to all.

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rockford Mjos" <rm...@comcast.net>