----Original Message----
From: hodgsonmar...@cs.dartmouth.edu
Date: 10/07/2017 7:25
To: "Lex Eisenhardt"<lex.eisenha...@gmail.com>, "'Lute List'"<lute@cs.
dartmouth.edu>, "'Vihuela Dmth'"<vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Subj: [VIHUELA] Re: Vihuela technique: dos dedos and dedillo

Thanks Lex,
   This (and other clips sent to me) certainly show the index being
used
   on its own. But to be fair, I didn't quite say it wasn't possible -
   merely that I found it tricky myself! And that the steadying of the
   index with the thumb allowed (me) improved control. It was regarding
   this technique that I wondered if it had been reported/discussed
before
   ( I thought it had - but perhaps not).
   regards
   Martyn