I just wondered whether any kind soul familiar with Mersenne's
   monumental work could Identify which Book/Chapter/page number in
   Harmonie universelle. the following quote appears.

   "Il faut remarquer que le genre chromatique de musique a pris son nom
   des couleurs , car chroma signifie couleur."

   Presumably there is a chapter about  genres somewhere in the book.

   I haven't been able to access a free copy on line and don't really want
   to make a trip to the library just to check out one reference.

   Thank you