On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:06:55AM +0200, Luc Hermitte wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been observing a regression on gvim since the release of vim 7.0.
> I'm observing it on gvim 7.0.000 on windows, gvim 7.0.015 (or 17, I do
> not remember) on Linux (gui=GTK2/Athena). It seems I do not have it with
> the console version on Linux -- I haven't had the opportunity to test
> the following lines of code with the console version.
>
> I don't remember the problem on gvim 7.0e (at least I do not have it on
> vim 7.0a on windows)
>

> The problem consists in the combination of a few things:
> - a nmapping selects (as in select-mode) a few characters
> - an imapping calls a function (through i_CTRL-R) that executes the
>   previous mapping with :normal, and then returns "\<esc>" to terminate
>   the INSERT-SELECT mode and finish in select-mode.

     I do not have time to look at this closely, but I assume it is
because certain undocumented modes are now no longer supported.  This
was discussed on the vim users' list on the thread "Insert Visual mode",
started by Gerald Lai on April 22.  (That is from my personal mail
archive; I assume that is enough information for you to find the
thread.)

     I see the following note in doc/version7.txt :

--- fixes and changes since Vim 7.0f ---
[...]
Prevent that using CTRL-R = in Insert mode can start Visual mode.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher