From: Charles E Campbell Jr, May 25, 2006 9:52 AM
> Steve Hall wrote:
>
> > Just assume all paths are Windows-hostile unless passed through
> > such a wrapper. (I never see these errors on *nix, so I assume
> > it's path related.)
>
> I'll try it! The unfortunate part is, I can't test it. Or rather, I
> can test to see if the wrapper introduces some new problem, but as I
> haven't been able to duplicate the problem others are having I can't
> do the test.

Same thing I saw, I never could track down if the errant slashes were
coming from tempname(), expand(), fnamemodify(), existing environment
vars, ones Vim found (Vim contrives $HOME if it doesn't exist), etc.

But the reports went away, so it seemed to fix it for us.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]
:: Cream... something good to put in your Vim!