Hey, I hate to keep barging in here asking questions and such but here is a new one. :-)

In the new basic.vim file I am having a problem. In FreeBasic you can use both single as well as double quotes to enclose a string. Unfortunately, you can also have comments which start with a single quote. So far I can capture and highlight correctly these three conditions:

1. REM <Comment>
2. <Spaces>'<Comment>
3. :<Spaces><Comment>

What I can not get is the:

1. '<Comment>

Like so:

test.bas
rem This is a comment
   '   This is a comment
   :   '   This is a comment
' This is a comment too but it doesn't properly highlight. Instead, it thinks it is a string.
   end

Here are my commands:

"    Comments
syn match    bSpecial    contained "\\."
syn region  bComment    start="^rem" end="$" contains=bSpecial,bTodo
syn region    bComment    start=":\s*'" end="$" contains=bSpecial,bTodo
syn region    bComment    start="^\s*'" end="$" contains=bSpecial,bTodo

" String and Character contstants
syn region    bString        start='"' end='"' contains=bSpecial,bTodo
syn region    bString        start="'" end="'" contains=bSpecial,bTodo

Suggestions?