Hi,

Patch 7.0.138 (extra)
Problem:    Mac: modifiers don't work with function keys.
Solution: Use GetEventParameter() to obtain modifiers. (Nicolas Weber)
Files:      src/gui_mac.c

thanks for including this. Sadly, I just found another problem caused by this patch: Mappings on characters which need the meta/option/alt (whatever you call it) modifier pressed no longer work (for example, :map ç j does no longer work).

The reason is this: I have to press alt-c on my keyboard to generate a 'ç' character. But the new keyboard handler sends the alt modifier along with the 'ç' character to vim which seems to lead to confusion (interestingly, :map <m-ç> j doesn't work either).

The old version had no problems with this, because the old version only sent modifiers to vim if the command key was pressed (so :map <d- ç> j doesn't work in the old version either).

I think the correct solution is to send only modifiers to vim that are not needed to generate a character. I'll write a fix for this problem.

I don't think this is serious enough to back out this patch, but that's something Bram has to decide :-P

Bye,
Nico